Is your pizza knowledge up to par? Check out these seven facts and see if you can spot the fake one.
1. 13% of Americans over the age of 2 eat pizza on any given day, according to a study by the Food Surveys Research Group.
2. The fancy term for someone who makes pizzas in a pizzeria is a pizzaiolo. Plural? Pizzaioli.
3. Pizzas are traditionally round because its inventor didn’t want it to have a beginning or an end.
4. Cauliflower crust has invaded 35.5% of pizzeria menus, according to a 2022 survey of pizza places by Pizza Today.
5. That same survey says that the five most popular pizza toppings are: pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, extra cheese and — a newcomer to the top five in 2022 — bacon.
6. A lot of football games to celebrate… An easy dinner to pick-up before trick-or-treating… 31 full days… It’s no wonder October is National Pizza Month. It was marked as such by Congress in 1987.
7. In honor of 614 Day, you can order any medium one-topping Romeo’s pizza for just $6.14.
Were you able to spot the fake? If you said three, you’re correct, though many of our customers at Romeo’s have told us they wished their pizzas never ended!
Want to read more? Check out our print publication, (614) Magazine. Learn where you can find a free copy of our new June issue here!
BROUGHT TO YOU BY