When it comes to science museums, COSI just crushes the competition.
COSI was named the top science museum in the country by the 2021 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Award Contest … FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, according to a release.
“This is an incredible honor to be voted again the Best Science Museum in the nation by the people, and we could not be more excited and proud of this distinguished honor,” said COSI President and CEO Dr. Frederic Bertley in a prepared statement. “We want to thank all of our supporters across the country and especially those in Central Ohio who made this possible for back-to-back years. Even though COSI’s physical doors were closed this past year, our community doors were wide open, and we worked tirelessly to serve families and youth in so many different ways. We are excited to reopen on June 3 to welcome guests back to COSI to see firsthand why we are indeed the best science museum in the country.”
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
To come up with the ranking, a panel of experts including a combination of USA Today editors, 10Best.com editors, and other relevant contributors chose COSI and other nominees. After the nominees were chosen, the public got to vote on 20 science museums across the country.
Here are the top 10 winners:
- Center of Science and Industry (COSI) – Columbus
- Liberty Science Center – Jersey City, New Jersey
- Tellus Science Museum – Cartersville, Georgia
- The Franklin Institute – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Michigan Science Center – Detroit, Michigan
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science – Denver, Colorado
- Bishop Museum – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science – Dallas, Texas
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History – Fort Worth, Texas
- Saint Louis Science Center – St. Louis, Missouri
If you like this, read: The Weekender: Three places for beef birria