Since Swensons Drive-in Restaurants has been around for nearly 90 years, it’s understandable that the fast food outfit has amassed quite the menu.
“We’ve picked up a ton of cool items,” said Sr. Director of Marketing Kevin Howley.
What has also grown though, is the Swensons “secret” menu, a list of items that Howley said has grown organically as fans experiment with favorite items.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
What follows is a short list of the greatest hits–off-menu items that have had enough staying power that people have ordered them again and again.
- The Triple Cheeseburger, Galley Boy Style: What to do when two patties just won’t cut it? You up the ante, outfitting your Triple Cheeseburger with the Galley Boy’s popular two secret sauces.
- The Grilled Cheese with Coney Sauce: Here, Swensons devotees have married two of their favorite things: The Grilled Cheese sandwich and the Coney sauce that comes with the Sloppy Joe sandwich.
- The Spicy Chicken Sandwich: Some like it hot. And when you want to kick your favorite menu item up a notch, you go rogue and order the Crispy Chicken Sandwich with Cajun spice. Boom. You’re welcome.
- Broken Onion Rings: Yes, it sounds a bit silly. But what you’re really creating here is your very own Onion Ring Bites. Doesn’t that sound fancy now? Perfect for dipping into your favorite sauce.
- The Lemon-Blueberry Milkshake: Swensons has 18 different milkshake flavors, and according to Howley, customers are always playing around with combinations. A popular summer flavor? Lemon Blueberry. See also Orange and Vanilla for a creamsicle vibe, and Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge with Malt. Yum.
Want to read more? Check out our print publication, (614) Magazine. Learn where you can find a free copy of our new June issue here!