Multiple fire departments battle blaze at historic Central Ohio hotel

Jack McLaughlin

This morning,  a kitchen fire broke out inside Granville’s oldest business, the Historic Buxton Inn.

The Granville Township Fire Department said the blaze began at 8:30 a.m. and was extinguished before 10 a.m.

According to a post made to the Buxton Inn’s Facebook page, the fire began inside the kitchen, although no one was in the building when it started. According to the Inn, no one was harmed.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

“This morning, our kitchen caught on fire. No one was in the building when the fire caught and no one was harmed. Thanks to the Granville Fire Department, the fire has been put out. Not many details are known & we will post updates as they come,” the statement reads. “Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers as we navigate this situation.”

Considered a two-alarm commercial fire, departments from multiple municipalities helped to extinguish it. 

It’s currently unclear how this will affect the hotel. 614Now will update this story as information becomes available. 

Want to read more? Check out our print publication, (614) Magazine. Learn where you can find a free copy of our new October issue here!

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Scroll To Top
X